(Update 16-16-2012 LED demo stopped worked as SD card wiped itself, I'm currently working on re installing and updating)
It works by:
- Simple PHP page that creates or deletes a file
- Python script running continuously looking for this file
- When it finds the file it switches the LED on, and when it doesn't it switches it off
The Webcam is currently being driving by a windows PC close by and hosted through a service called ustream. Ultimately I would like to have the webcam feed going through the PI also and control something a little bit more interesting :-) But for now its a nice proof of concept.
- http://www.themagpi.com/ (issue 2) for the python code to control the GPIOs
- http://www.instructables.com/id/Control-Stuff-with-your-Raspberry-Pi-GPIO-over-t/ - instructions on how to create something to control your Pi over the internet. I used a very similar method except used Python instead of shell